Riya helps your children to learn a variety of poetry skills in this activity pack. It includes the following exercises:
1. The animals of the Night Zoo need your rhyming help! Can you connect the rhymes and help them with their poems?
2. Practice using the ABAB rhyme scheme while you help Riya fix a power outage in the Night Zoo.
3. Make a list of adverbs Riya has used in the poem she’s written for Night Zookeeper Will.
4. Decode an acrostic poem to figure out what the letters spell.
5. Practice writing your own acrostic poem about the Night Zoo.
6. Finish the missing lines of Riya’s limerick!
7. Create your own magical poem based on what you’ve learned.